What the Dog Saw and other adventures
by Malcolm Gladwell
- Category: BUSINESS; ECONOMICS, PSYCHOLOGY
- Format: CD AUDIO BOOK
- Edition: Unabridged
- Publish Date: 10/20/2009
- Price: $39.98 / $49.98
- ISBN: 9781600249150
Over the past decade, Malcolm Gladwell has become the most gifted and influential journalist in America. In The New Yorker, his writings are such must-reads that the magazine charges advertisers significantly more money for ads that run within his articles. With his #1 bestsellers, The Tipping Point, Blink and Outliers, he has reached millions of readers. And now the very best and most famous of his New Yorker pieces are collected in a brilliant and provocative anthology. Among the pieces: his investigation into why there are so many different kinds of mustard but only one kind of ketchup; a surprising assessment of what makes for a safer automobile; a look at how we hire when we can't tell who's right for the job; an examination of machine built to predict hit movies; the reasons why homelessness might be easier to solve than manage; his famous profile of inventor and entrepreneur Ron Popeil; a look at why employers love personality tests; a dissection of Ivy League admissions and who gets in; the saga of the quest to invent the perfect cookie; and a look at hair dye and the hidden history of postwar America.
For the millions of Malcolm Gladwell fans, this anthology is like a greatest hits compilation-a mix tape from America's alpha mind
TO ENTER THIS GIVEAWAY for the AUDIO CD:
1. Comment here telling me - have you ever had to take an employee personality test?! Please include your email address, so I can contact you if you win.
2. For an extra entry, become a follower or tell me if you are already a follower.
3. For another entry, blog, facebook, tweet (any of those networks!) about this giveaway and tell me where you did.
4. It isn't necessary to use separate entries unless you want them in different chronological order.
(Three total entries possible.)
THERE WILL BE THREE WINNERS!
THANKS ONCE AGAIN TO HACHETTE AND ANNA!
* This contest is only open to residents of US and Canada.
* No P.O. Boxes Please - for shipping reasons.
* This contest will close Midnight (Central) on December 27, 2009. The winners will be randomly selected from all entries.