Author: Suza Scalora
Genre: Illustrated Gift Book/Childrens
Publisher: HarperCollins Books
Release Date: September 29, 2009
Rating: 5.0 of 5.0
Open your eyes.
Open your mind.
Open your heart.
They are with you every day.
They are everywhere.
They are angels.
Open and begin your journey. . . .
Review: Anyone who has ever thought about guardian angels or any good angels would love this book!
The book is filled with pictures like the cover – absolutely beautiful images and brushes of angels!! The author gives a very gentle story of her loss of a loved one and then her journey to healing and peace through the vision of angels captured in her photography in her everyday surroundings!
Near the beginning of the book Ms. Scalora mentions an ancient tome on angels that she is given by a being of light at the city library. My first impulse was to go online to look up that book. But I didn’t want to interrupt the lovely flow of the text. As I continued to read and experience the warmth and peace of this remarkable book, it no longer mattered whether I looked up the ancient volume!
Angel of Harmony
Experiencing Angels displays Angels of grief and of comfort; of seasons and colors; of courage, healing, peace, love and more. It is written with a flow that moves with the beautiful representations of the various angels who are depicted as offering insight and strength for our inner needs. The author includes letters written to her of others who saw angels or who were seeking help to see angels for comfort or healing!
Although this may have a listing as a Children’s book – it is not. Children may well love the bright vibrant, or soft and soothing but still colorful, illustrations, as my two year old granddaughter did. However, the message of miracles and an everyday presence that keeps us from being alone are to be experienced by adults. This book is a treasure as a gift for someone who needs hope and peace or a book to keep handy in your own home to provide you with a sense of angelic protection and calm. I truly feel a warm peace each time I pick up the book and look at the beauty of it!
You can see pages from the book at this link.
Ms. Scalora has generously offered to giveaway one of these beautiful books!
TO ENTER THE GIVEAWAY:
1. Please visit the author's site and tell me something you find there!! (Use the author website link above or go to http://myth.com/). REMINDER: You MUST COMMENT TO ENTER and Please include your email address or make sure your e-mail is available on your profile, so that I can contact you if you win.
2. For an extra entry, become a follower or tell me if you are already a follower.
3. For another entry, share this giveaway on your blog, my space, facebook or Twitter and tell me where you shared it.
4. It is not necessary to enter separate comments unless you want them spaced out for numbering in the random number generator.
(Three total entries possible.)
Angel of Winter
* This contest is only open to residents of US and Canada.
* No P.O. Boxes Please - for shipping reasons.
This contest will close Midnight (Central) on December 30, 2009 so you will have the book mailed in the New Year! The winner will be randomly selected from all entries.