Twelve (five books I did three and two close but Thirteen - Read Recommendations - Dismally Failed.
I love finding new Authors and I am hoping to read at least 20 in this challenge. That is less than two a month and hopefully realistic.
ELEVEN: New Authors
Since this is an author challenge, there is no restriction on choosing your novels. They can definitely be from other challenges. However, the authors must be new to you and, preferably from novels. Anthologies are a great way to try someone new, but only a third of your new authors can be from anthologies.
01. 52 Small Changes: One Year to a Happier, Healthier You by Brett Blumenthal; Nonfiction, Fitness; my Rating 4.5.
02. Bossypants by Tina Fey; Memoir; my Rating 4.0.03. Scrumptious by Amanda Usen; Contemporary Romance; my Rating 4.25.
04. Love Engineered by Jenna Dawlish; Historical Romance; my Rating 4.0.
05. The Second Sonata by Nathan Patrick Hardt; Fiction; my Rating 4.25.
06. Hounded: The Iron Druid Chronicles, Book 1 by Kevin Hearne; Fantasy; my rating 4.5.
07. Smitten Anthology; Colleen Coble, Kristin Billerbeck, Diann Hunt, and Denise Hunter; Contemporary Romance; my Rating 4.25. (Three of the four authors were new to me.)
08. How to Flirt with a Naked Werewolf by Molly Harper; Paranormal Romance; my rating 4.25.
09. Deeper Water by Robert Whitlow; Christian Mystery; my rating 4.75.
10. Miss Hildreth Wore Brown by Olivia deBelle Byrd; humor antidotes; 4.25.
11. A Demon Does it Better by Linda Wisdom; Paranormal romance; my rating 4.5.
12. The Rook by Daniel O'Malley; Fantasy Thriller; my rating 4.25.
13. Midnight Reckoning (Dark Dynasties) by Kendra Leigh Castle; Paranormal Romance; my rating 4.5.
14. Grant Me Timely Grace by Timothy Woods; Historical Fiction; my rating 4.25.15. Firelight by Kristen Callihan; Paranormal Romance; my rating 4.5.
16. The Whisperer by Donato Carrisi; Psychological Thriller; my rating 4.5
17. Miss Hillary Schools a Scoundrel by Samantha Grace; Historical Rom; rating 3.75.
18. The Theft of Swords by Michael Sullivan; Fantasy Adventure; my rating 4.75.
19. A Holiday Explained-A Christmas Short Short Story by J. Steven York, macabre story; my rating 4.0.
20. Journey in Time by Chris Karlsen; Time Travel Romance; my rating 4.25.
21. My Sparkling Misfortune by Laura Lond; Fantasy, YA; my rating 4.5.
22. Deliver Me From Darkness by Tess Hilaire; Paranormal Romance; my rating 4.5.
23. Bleed For Me by Michael Robotham; Crime Fiction; my rating 4.25.
24. The Canker Death by James R. Bottino; Fantasy; my rating 3.0.
25. The Night is Mine by M.L. Buchman; Military, Romantic Suspense; my rating 4.75.
AND MANY MORE!
TWELVE: Book Blogger Recommendation
I am signing up for Level I - Read 5 books from the 2011 Book Blogger Recommendation List
Here are books from the list I am interested in although I don't know which I'll end up reading:
- Delirium by Lauren Oliver
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling (on my shelf)
- The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
- The Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa (I did read Summer's Crossing in this series)
- The Scorpio Races by Maggie Steifvater
- The Eye of the World, by Robert Jordan
- The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
- The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton
- 12.21.12 by Killian McRae
- How to Flirt with a Naked Werewolf by Molly Harper (in my Audible Library)
- Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson
- Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman (I did read the Graveyard Book by this Author)
- Exclusively Yours by Shannon Stacey (on my Kindle)
- Forever by Maggie Stiefvater --YES I am ready for this one!!
- The Iron Duke by Meljean Brook
THIRTEEN: Books Recommended by other Bloggers.
Visit the other participants and choose 3-12 of their favorite books to read.
You can choose them all at once or as you go.
Add the title to your original post, making sure to link back to the person whose favorite it is.I hope to read 12 books based upon recommendations.
More of my Favorite books and recommendations are in this POST but here are my top five choices:
1. Paranormal SciFi Romance: The Project Universe series by Pauline Baird Jones. I recommend you start in order with Book 1, The Key.
2. Awesome Writing: To Be Sung Underwater by Tom McNeal - Fiction.
3. Fun Steampunk - start with book one in the series! I love this series on audio. Soulless
by Gail Carriger - Paranormal/Steampunk Romance..
4. I really enjoy this Author and loved the Study Series! Inside Out (Harlequin Teen) by Maria V. Snyder - YA, Sci Fi, Fantasy.
5. Encouraging and motivational: Review: Working it Out by Abby Rike;
List for Thirteen and Fourteen
Here are some of the books I am planning to pick up based on other blogger recommendations:
- The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo by Steig Larsson recommended by Nise' at Under the Boardwalk
- Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows recommended by Kate at Musings of a Book Lover
- Abomination by Colleen Coble recommended by Melanie at Christian Bookshelf Reviews.
- Skellig by David Almond recommended by Hellen at Hellen's Reading Corner.
- The Book Thief by Markus Zusak recommended by Jen at The Introverted Reader.
I didn't read a single one. :-)
FOURTEEN: Just For Fun
12 books in 12 months.This year this challenge will be set up as a group on Good Reads. See all the instructions at Dollycas' post.
I am committing to read just one book for fun each month!
I think I should have linked this with my first post, TBR and Books Won, but I didn't want to go back and shuffle numbers again. :-)
JANUARY -- How to Flirt with a Naked Werewolf by Molly Harper
FEBRUARY -- Silver Borne by Patricia Briggs
MARCH -- Lethal Legacy by Carol Ann Erhardt
APRIL -- Crusade: Destroyermen, Book 2 by Taylor Anderson
MAY -- Stranded with a Spy by Merline Lovelace
JUNE -- Web of Evil by J.A. Jance - Audio Book
JULY -- Heroes Die Young and The Graveyard Book
AUGUST -- He of The Fiery Sword by Skhye Moncrief
SEPTEMBER -- Summer Crossing by Julie Kagawa
OCTOBER -- The Halloween Collective - Indie Authors
NOVEMBER -- Missing by Ronda Gibb Hinrichsen
DECEMBER -- Christmas in an Elevator