- Category: RELIGION
- Format: HARDCOVER BOOK
- Edition: Adapted
- Publish Date: 1/8/2010
- Price: $15.99/$19.99
- ISBN: 9780446557856
- Pages: 384
- Size: 5" x 7"
Product DescriptionIn the hustle and bustle of today's busy world, sometimes it's hard enough to hear yourself think, much less take a minute to stop and listen for the voice of God. But learning to recognize God's voice and the many ways in which He speaks is vital for following His plan. This devotional; drawing from How to Hear From God, Knowing God Intimately, and The Power Of Simple Prayer shows the reader through a daily reminder, how God speaks through their own thoughts and feelings, their dreams, and the words of other people. Joyce Meyer reveals the ways in which God delivers His word and the benefits of asking God for the sensitivity to hear His voice. Joyce asks the question, "Are you listening?" and shares how to do just that...on a daily basis.
I'm not doing a full review of the book because it is a daily devotional and I didn't want to read it all in one sitting. This is a very lovely hardback little book that goes perfectly on a nightstand. I love the one page per day presentation! Here is a way to get a bit of Bible reading each day - at least a verse a day! If you visit the Open Book browser you can see the format and get a feel for the book. Each page is titled for the subject followed by a Bible verse. Then there are a couple of paragraphs by Ms. Meyer relating that verse to our daily lifes. At the bottom of the page is a summary recap as God's word for you today. And although it is dated for each day it can be read in any order if you wanted and can be re-read from year to year! Or it would make a great gift to pass on after you have read it for a year then you could share the wisdom with another friend!
For example: January 10 is titled: Friendship Makes us Bold. The verse is: Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in the time of need. Hebrews 4:16 KKJV.Now isn't that a great thought to start a day?! It only takes a brief time to read, reflect and get a start with God! Maybe I can extend the time to more reading after the devotional as per my resolutions!
Ms. Meyer discusses how our prayers will be more spirit-led when we recognize our friendship and see ourselves as friends with God. We will be more bold and persistent in approaching Him as we "grow and progress in our friendship with God." The word for the day is: "Remember to pray with the same passion and intimacy that you reserve for your closest friends"
Many thanks to Hachette and to Valerie for this giveaway!
TO ENTER THIS GIVEAWAY:
1. Okay guess I'll make you work a little by taking a look at the Open Book browser and telling me a date and the verse reference that you find there!
Please include your email address, so I can contact you if you win.
2. For an extra entry, become a follower or tell me if you are already a follower.
3. For another entry, blog, facebook, tweet (any of those networks!) about this giveaway and tell me where you did.
(Three total entries possible -once I post the review.)
THERE WILL BE THREE WINNERS!
* This contest is only open to residents of US and Canada. Winners will receive their prizes directly from Hachette Book Group. Book information was provided by the publisher.
* No P.O. Boxes Please - for shipping reasons.
* This contest will close Midnight (Central) on January 30, 2010. I normally like to run the giveaways for three weeks but since this is one that needs to get out to the winners sooner than later, the ending is only two weeks away! The winners will be randomly selected from all entries.
I couldn't find any dates - but I assume the first page is January 1, and the reference is John 4:25ReplyDelete
I am a followerReplyDelete
I "tweeted" about it on TwitterReplyDelete
Jan 3. James 4:8ReplyDelete
May 1 Porverbs 16:9ReplyDelete
June 1st, Luke 11:13ReplyDelete
I am also a follower.ReplyDelete
Isa. 63:1 January 18 :)ReplyDelete
I shared it on Facebook @gahome2momReplyDelete
following on blogger now :)ReplyDelete
January 1; John 4:25 God will tell you everything you need to know.ReplyDelete
I am a followerReplyDelete