Did everyone have a LOVELY Valentine's week? Mine was busy but good. Had my step mom stop in for a visit on Wednesday which was really nice.
Thank you to all who shared last week.
Most of us do read reviews but are only influenced sometimes by the detailed comments like when they contain "a deal breaker" as Jane worded it. Several of you noted that negative reviews help you hone in on the true content of the book and others noted that you might read the sample before you purchase. That is a good idea.
Well, 17 to 7 do NOT take flu shots. Linda K is allergic but some of you at high risk and past history of pneumonia do get the shots. We take a varied mix of cold remedies from homeopathic items, teas, and chicken soup to over the counter meds. And of course the age old cure of bed rest and fluids. Interestingly enough our local doctor did tell me to get more chicken soup into my DH to help rebuild his energy which was depleted by dehydration.
The Winner from SBB #86 comments is: #1 Birgit. Birgit will get a GC to add to previous saved GC for a choice from The Book Depository when ready. Please let me know your choice if ready by completing the WINNER FORM.
WEEK #87 Questions
Q1. Abby asks: If you were a film director, which book/series do you think should be made into a movie(s)??
A: Oh - there are several I would like! My first choice I think would be J.D. Rob In Death series with Eve Dallas and Roarke. Second choice would be the Hollows series by Kim Harrison and third would be Mercy Thompson series by Patricia Briggs.
Q2. My Question this week: Do you sing in the shower or any where else??
A: I do sing in church choir -- well -- I make a joyful noise! I don't sing in the shower too often and I definitely don't do karaoke!
Image found at healthxboom
Thanks to those who are sending in Questions. DON'T BE SHY! Surely everyone has a Q or two you'd like to ask. Input suggestions in this Suggested Question Form. At the end of each month I draw from the suggestions I used during the month and that person will get a book choice or GC. I thank everyone for submitting questions. Thanks for sending in questions! We can always use fresh questions.
Your turn to share:
1.Abby asks: If you were a film director, which book/series do you think should be made into a movie(s)??
2. My Question this week: Do you sing in the shower or any where else??
SBB Comment Winners can choose a selection from the new Valentine and "Love" books or the new Christmas Giveaway Books. Also I have added the Updated ARC/Review List now.
a) Must be a follower.
b) Share a comment on any (or all) of the two/three questions above.
Open internationally and an international winner may get a smaller book or a $5.00 GC if I decide the mailing is too much.
I will pick a Comment winner from all comments made by Friday, February 22, 2013 at 10 PM central.
1. The Wolves of Mercy Falls trilogy :DReplyDelete
1. All of my favorite cozy mysteries, such as the Coffeehouse mysteries by Cleo Coyle, would make a wonderful TV series I think! Can't think of anything that'd be good on the big screen right now ...ReplyDelete
2. I only sing when I'm alone. Or when I want to scare someone away, hahaha! Just joking. Maybe.
I don't sing in the shower - usually there are people in the house! I sing in the car if no one is riding along... :)ReplyDelete
First Congrats Birgit!! i'm really happy for you^^ReplyDelete
1) i would love to see the mercy thompson series made into a film or teh sentinel of new orleans by suzanne johnson ( oki teh hollow series is also on my list but for that one i heard that a tv show is in preparation i think)
2)sometimes i sing in front of the tv when a music i love is on but from a few year i don't sing anymore
1. Anne McCaffrey's Pern series!ReplyDelete
2. I sing as I exercise. We have a regular gym choir group that love to sing as we work out to music.
1. I would love to make The Geography Club by Brent Hartinger into a movie. Also, I think Cinder by Marissa Meyer would be a good movie.ReplyDelete
2. I do sing in the shower and in the car, but I am truly tone deaf, so others hate it when I sing - I've had friends switch the radio station to get me to stop.
1. The Great Gatsby (since it's one of my favorite books), but there's already a movie coming soon.ReplyDelete
2. I sing sometimes. :)
I too would like to see the Mercy Thompson series in film. It would be fun, action-packed, and sexy. There are tattoos.ReplyDelete
I would also like to see the film industry do justice to The Dresden Files by Jim Butcher. The tv series that only lasted 1 season was fun, but not very true at all to the first few books.
I occasionally hum while doing house chores. You only have my word for it, as no one has caught me doing so.
I sing in the car all of the time. I like to sing along with songs. Never in the shower, though. I don't have a radio in there.ReplyDelete
lkish77123 at gmail dot com
I would like to see Lisa Marie Rice's Midnight trilogy made into movies. I do sing in the shower.ReplyDelete
1. I would have said A SONG OF ICE AND FIRE by George RR Martin, but yay, it's already on the small screen.ReplyDelete
2. Not really, not the words anyway. Sometimes a song will pop into my head & I will have it playing through my head. At the moment I have the entire movie of LES MISERABLES roaming around inside my head.
1. I'd like to see the newer Michael Bennett series by James Patterson made into moviesReplyDelete
2. I never sing in public, the shower or just any anywhere - maybe my car
1. JR Ward's BDB seriesReplyDelete
I'd love to see Pamela Clare's MacKinnon brothers trilogy made into a movie.And also Laurie Lewis's Free Men And Dreamers series. An amazing read.ReplyDelete
I don't sing anywhere. I sound like a wounded animal and don't bother. lol
Congrats to winners.
Lucky4750 (at) aol (dot) com
Monica McCarty's Highland Guard would make a fascinating movie series (Braveheart without the torturous death at the end).ReplyDelete
Once in a while I'll sing in the shower if something is caught in my head, but more than that I'll sing along with the radio or tv (if I'm alone).
sallans d at yahoo dot com
1. I would love to see the Anita Blake series by Laurell K. Hamilton made into a series maybe.ReplyDelete
2. I sing at home when I am by myself sometime.
Q2 - i am a singer, yes, admitted :) pretty much anywhere - home, car, concerts, church, humming along to background radio tunes in stores :) def a songbird!ReplyDelete
Q1 - Liz Curtis Higgs Scottish series !
1. I am always nervous about books being turned into series or movies because they never quite live up to my expectations. The only ones that ever quite come close are contemporaries. But to name one yeah no...ReplyDelete
2. Nope not a singer!
1. Oh, I am with your Martha! I LOVE the In Death series by JD Robb and the Women's Murder Club by James Patterson! Those would be so cool!ReplyDelete
2. Not really. I sing along to the TV sometimes but NO Karaoke!! NO WAY!
I would love to see either of Jennifer Armentrout's series turned into a movie. I love the Lux series and I just read Half-Blood which I really enjoyed! I also love The Watcher series by Veronica Wolff and I think that would make a great movie!ReplyDelete
Yes, I sing but only when my goal is to annoy my husband :) I have a horrible singing voice and I have been aware of it since I was little. I used to sing only to myself and singing along with the radio but I have since noticed how it makes my husband cringe lol If it is that time of the month and I'm easily irritated, I break out my great singing voice and even throw in some opera. I will sometimes get my kids to join in as well. It's all fun in games though and we all end up cracking up
1. The Mercy Thompson novels by Patricia BriggsReplyDelete
2. I love to sing. I sing in the car, in the bathroom, everywhere except the shower. I'm just a bit weird like that :)