Hello once more on Saturday Night. I hope everyone is doing well and that any friends in the Northeast came through Sandy okay. I am feeling good about moving into the final months of the year. How about you? I didn't get my review posted today so I will probably do that tomorrow. We have Daylight Savings tonight so we 'fall back' and gain an hour.
This is the month to Give Thanks... so be thinking about something you are thankful for as I expect I will be raising the question in the next week or two.
Thank you to all who shared last week.
The majority of you would like illustrations in the re-released classics and several preferred the original classic versions. Although I agree that illustrations don't do well on eReaders, like the Kindle, I think they do fine on the tablets. I thought nrlymrtl's comment was interesting - she doesn't like illustrations if she already has an image in mind.
Most everyone would participate in the nicer and fun events of Halloween. Faith Hope and CherryTea had a great idea of dressing up and visiting the elderly to share with them. :-)
The Winner from SBB #72 comments is: #16 bn100 There are still 5 'love' books to pick from and 1 Christmas choice (see my note above about adding more titles to that list soon). bn100 please choose a book (or GC if international) from the remaining five Love Books List for Giveaway, the new Christmas Giveaway Book list, OR pick from the Updated ARC/Review List and let me know your choice, your address and a choice of bookmarks by completing the WINNER FORM.
WEEK #73 Questions
Q1. Carol L asks: If you could pick one female literary character and swap lives for a week, who would you choose??
I passed this question for a while as I thought it had been asked but as I reviewed the spreadsheet I did not find it. Sooo - now to answer. It is the same female literary character I had answered I would want to visit with: If I could swap a week I would want to live a week as Eve Dallas from the "In Death" series by J.D. Robb (Nora Roberts).
Q2. What are your favorite cleaning products.??
A: Ha! First this assumes I clean. Well I do... some. My favorite cleaning products are: Simple Green for the kitchen (although I still like 409 for grease and spots); Scrubbing Bubbles for the bathroom; Windex for windows; and Swifter dusters for dusting. Those are my standbys. I did recently see a blog about making your own substitutes! Several use old-fashioned white vinegar.
Image found at Crazy Town
Thanks to those who are sending in Questions. DON'T BE SHY! Surely everyone has a Q or two you'd like to ask. Input suggestions in this Suggested Question Form. At the end of each month I will draw from the suggestions I used the month before and that person will get a book choice or GC. I thank everyone for submitting questions but some of you others might want to get in a question or two as we have a few people submitting most of the questions so far. Either way - it works for me. :-) The question list is being replenished! Thanks for sending in questions!
Your turn to share:
1. Carol L asks: If you could pick one female literary character and swap lives for a week, who would you choose??
2. What are your favorite cleaning products??
SBB Comment Winners can choose a selection from the remaining Valentine and "Love" books (5 left) or the new Christmas Giveaway Books. Also I have added the Updated ARC/Review List now.
a) Must be a follower.
b) Share a comment on any (or all) of the two/three questions above.
Open internationally and an international winner may get a smaller book or a $5.00 GC if I decide the mailing is too much.
I will pick a Comment winner from all comments made by Friday, November 9, 2012 at 10 PM central.
1. I would pick Cat from the Night Huntress series since this would mean that I get Bones to myself for a whole week, lol! :)ReplyDelete
2. Swiffer for dusting is a must.
1. Most certainly NOT Katniss from the Hunger Games :-D though switching places with Becky Bloomwood and going on a wee shopping spree (make that spees, plural) might be fun!ReplyDelete
2. Cleaning? Excuse me while I go and look up the word in my lexicon ...
1. Lindsey Boxer from James Patterson's women's murder club seriesReplyDelete
2. I use a variety of stuff - no faves just whatever's on sale and we try to use green products when available.
msboatgal at aol.com
1) hum i guess Cat too from the night huntress series because i would have Bones but also since he is really protective i'm sure to survive this week ^^ . Or Mercy thompson... more risks yet but adam is cute and i would not mind trying to shift in a coyote^^ReplyDelete
2 sunlish goad natural soap... not the actual ones mind you^^ but the one from 30/40years ago my mothers has stick a stock from her own mother and it's one of the best product even no allergies nothing
thank you a lot!
1. I would swap places with Nancy Drew - I would love to solve mysteries, especially any involving secret passages.ReplyDelete
2. Mr. Clean Magic Erasers. I am allergic to most cleaning products, but not this!
My current favorite literary female is Vin from Brandon Sanderson's Mistborn trilogy. If I could be her for a week, I would pick a good, calm week that didn't involve too much fighting and getting slammed into buildings.ReplyDelete
I tend to do most of my cleaning with cat tails and dog tongues.
I would pick Bella from Twilight so I can be with Edward. Swift for cleaning floor. Tore923@aol.comReplyDelete
Q1- If you could pick one female literary character and swap lives for a week, who would you choose?ReplyDelete
Anne Elliot from Jane Austen's Persuasion - but it would be for a fabulous week after she's reunited with her hero Cptn Frederick Wentworth!!
1. Hermione GrangerReplyDelete
1. I'd choose Cersei from George RR Martin's series A SONG OF ICE AND FIRE. Hell hath no fury & Cersei is nothing if not furious that she was born female. She lives life completely & utterly & ruthlessly & she has Jamie. Chances are though that in her place I'd just lose my head - literally.ReplyDelete
2. Cleaning & favourite do NOT belong together in the same sentence. Shame on you!! What were you thinking?
1. I would pick Sookie from the Sookie Stackhouse series.ReplyDelete
2. The Swifter duster and mop.
1. I'm going to go old school and say Morgaine from The Mists of Avalon. I read that book several times when I was younger and was always enthralled by the magic of Avalon.ReplyDelete
2. Swifter wet clothes. I couldn't imagine going back to a mop or hand washing *shudder*.
1. I can't decide between Eve Dallas (In Death) and Cat (Night Huntress). What's sad is Roarke and Bones are my deciding factors and they both have to many pros and not enough cons.ReplyDelete
2. My favorites are Scrubbing Bubbles, Lysol and 409.
1. Pia from Thea Harrison's Dragon bound - wouldn't it be awesome to be a unicorn shifter?ReplyDelete
1. I second you and go with Eve Dallas! I mean one word, ROARKE!! But I think her job is cool and so is the world they live in.ReplyDelete
2. Okay...I don't really clean. I vacuum. I prefer the non-scrubbing stuff lol so no real answer for this one sorry!
Some of my favorite cleaning products are: baking soda, vinegar, borax and castille soap. I try not to use cleaning supplies that are extremely toxic - but sometimes you just can't beat Drano and Clorox bleach!ReplyDelete
jswaks at gmail dot com