Glory in Death (In Death #2) by J.D. Robb.
- Narrated by
- Price:$15.95Sale Price:$9.23
My Rating: 4.5 of 5.0
Publisher's Summary:Review: Action heats up between Lt. Eve Dallas and Roarke.
In a time when technology can reveal the darkest of secrets, there's only one place to hide a crime of passion - in the heart.
The first victim was found lying on a sidewalk in the rain. The second was murdered in her own apartment building. Police lieutenant Eve Dallas had no problem finding connections between the two crimes. Both victims were beautiful and highly successful women. Their glamorous lives and loves were the talk of the city. And their intimate relations with men of great power and wealth provided Eve with a long list of suspects - including her own lover, Roarke.
As a woman, Eve was compelled to trust the man who shared her bed. But as a cop, it was her job to follow every lead... to investigate every scandalous rumor... to explore every secret passion, no matter how dark, or how dangerous.
This is the second book of the “in death” series set in New York in a future with hi tech investigative tools. Eve Dallas is a gutsy police detective who has a knack for walking through the crime scene and visualizing the crime. She is relentless on tracking evidence.
Eve has to do her job and that includes documenting that her powerful lover, Roarke, is not a viable suspect. Roarke is pushing for a commitment but Eve has a painful and abusive past that makes it difficult for her to commit to anyone and she only wants to trust and depend on herself. Will Eve be able to keep Roarke if she can’t offer more in the relationship?
While pursing the murderer Eve has to fend off obnoxious reporter C.J. Morse. Eve makes arrangements to work with female investigative reporter Nadine. With the help of the police profiler, Eve determines that the killer is striking down successful and visibly powerful women. Eve realizes that both her friend, Nadine, and Eve herself could be targets. Eve decides to heat up the publicity setting herself up as bait.
I really enjoyed the mystery story as well as the intense romance between Eve and Roarke. The narrator does a wonderful job with the accents. I am anxious to get the next book and expect it will be within the next week or so.
TO ENTER THE GIVEAWAY FOR THE USED PAPERBACK COPY:
1.Mandatory entry: Visit the author's website and tell me something of interest you find there.
Please leave your e-mail!
2. For an extra entry tell me if you have read this author or this series and what you think about it. If you have already read this book tell me about it and if you win this giveaway you may pick from the review or ARC books and I'll award this book to another winner.
3. For an extra entry, become a follower or tell me if you are already a follower.
4. For two extra entries, blog, facebook, tweet (any of those networks!) about this giveaway and tell me where you did.
(Five total entries possible.)
It is not necessary to use separate entries unless you want them in different chronological order.
* This contest is open to US and Canada only. (So sorry this can't be international. The book is available at Book Depository though.)
* No P.O. Boxes Please - for shipping reasons.
* This contest will close 10:00 PM (Central) on May 6, 2011.
The winner will be randomly selected from all entries.