Plan to be a part of the Third Annual Book Blogger Appreciation Week September 13-17.
The book blogging community is really special.
The book blogging community is really special.
(from the BBAW website):What: Book Blogger Appreciation Week is a week long festival celebrating the community of book bloggers and their contribution to preserving a culture of literacy through book reviews and recommendations, reading reflections, and general bookish chat. BBAW also includes an awards component. For more information on the BBAW 2010 Awards and how to participate, please visit the BBAW 2010 Awards Blog. BBAW events include daily blogging topics, blogger interview swaps, special guest posts, and so much more!
Who: If you self-identify as a book blogger, this festival is for you! We have been excited to welcome participants from all over the world for past BBAWs.
When: September 13-17, 2010.
Where: Right here at the Book Blogger Appreciation Week blog. You can participate in the comfort of your own home and the convenience of your own time zone.
Why: Because book blogging is a fun and time intensive hobby that has created communities around books and played a crucial role in the continuing evolution of what books mean in our society.
How Can I Participate?You can participate by filling out the registration form for BBAW 2010. Subscribe to the blog’s feed and follow us on Twitter to keep up with all of the developments!
Well - it is very awkward but to enter the BBAW this year you have to post your own registration. I want to be part of the BBAW event and list so I am going out on a limb and was considering nominating my blog for several niche categories. I started with four posts then looking at the entry form decided they should all go in one post. Now I went to complete the registration and realized you can only enter one niche catagory.
Here we go:
Best Eclectic Book Blog—This blog doesn’t specialize in any one book genre. It is known for consistently excellent reviews, recommendations, analyses, and other content in a variety of genres.I have to list five posts, to be judged by the BBAW panel.
**For Niche category awards, 3 posts must be reviews, recommendations, or analyses of a specific title; 2 posts are up to the nominated blogger
It was not easy to decide on the five posts for each entry.
I am using the following 5 reviews for the Eclectic Entry:
1. Historical Romance - To Surrender to a Rogue by Cara Elliott
2. Audio CD - Crime Thriller - True Blue by David Baldacci
3. Fiction - Alex Cross's Trial by James Patterson and Richard Dilallo
4. Inspirational - God Never Blinks by Regina Brett
5. YA/Paranormal - Beyond the Map's Boundary: A Timely Sort of Adventure by Nibi Soto
Best Written Book Blog—This blog is consistently well-written, clear, and engaging, no matter what the subject. [Note that nominated bloggers for this award are required to submit 3 reviews, recommendations, or analyses of a specific title; 2 are up to the nominated blogger.]I have to list five posts, to be judged by the BBAW panel.
**For Featured category awards, 2 posts must be reviews, recommendations, or analyses of a specific title; 3 posts are up to the nominated blogger
Not an easy decision but here are my five posts for this category:
I am using the following 5 posts for the Best Written Blog Entry:
1. Book Meme - It's Monday! What Are You Reading?
2. Review - God's Promises for Girls by Jack Countryman and Amy Parker
3. Review - Yesterday's Promise by by Delia Latham
4. Book Talk - How Important is Realism? Comment Giveaway
5. Review - The Masqueraders by Georgette Heyers
Best Author Interviews—This blogger does his or her research and asks the questions no one else does. These interviews are top-notch. Note that this award reflects the quality of the interviews, not the popularity of the person being interviewed.
Note that nominated bloggers for this award are required to submit 4 interviews; 1 post is left to their discretion.I am using the following 5 posts (4 Interviews, long and short, and 1 Author feature with Questions) for the Best Author Interviews Entry:
1. Questions and Answers with Cara Elliott, Author of To Surrender To a Rogue
2. Author Feature: Cynthia Roberts
3. Questions and Answers with Author Margaret Mallory, Author of Knight of Passion
4. Interview: Chat with Author Carol North - PART ONE - The Writing Process!
5. Interview Chat with Author Dee Julian - Part Four Conclusion: A Few Personal Questions!
Good Luck to all entrants. I was nominated last year after two months of blogging which was a great honor.
I encourage all book bloggers to register to get on the Book Blogger "master list."
Be sure to vote in August for your favorite sites and follow the events in September for fun interviews and contests.