- Category: FICTION, ROMANCE
- Format:MASS MARKET
- Publish Date:1/1/2010
A fair-haired beauty at 19, Lady Mairi is heiress apparent to her father Lord Dunwythie's rich barony. He has carefully taught her how to manage their estates, but a feud between his clan and the Maxwell clan is brewing as the two families edge toward a clan war - their dispute over money owed. Mairi's father believes he owes nothing, and of course Mairi sides with him.
When the impulsive and blue-eyed Rob Maxwell chances to meet Mairi in a barley field, they feel instant attraction, despite their families' antagonisms. Knowing he must put his clan first, Rob enacts a plan to force Dunwythie to pay his debt: Rob kidnaps Mairi, making the abduction appear the work of a stranger; then he and his sheriff-brother offer to help Dunwythis rescue his daughter IF, and only if, he will pay them the monies due. Yet after Rob captures Mairi's body, she captures his heart. When Dunwythie summons the aid of the most powerful clan in all Scotland (the Douglases), clan-tensions rise to a fever pitch. Love takes its own feverish course, as Mairi and Rob join forces to prevent a clash between hot-headed clans, and to protect their budding love.
I didn't realize I was supposed to be doing a Q&A with this so I had not sent in any questions. Instead I will share one of the "fun facts" presented at Hachette from the author:
While I was writing Seduced by a Rogue, a new kitten adopted us. Although I love cats, I rarely put them in my books. However, when our new kitten, a particularly fierce and funny little beast, stubbornly kept climbing all over me and my keyboard as I tried to write, somehow he also strolled into Seduced by a Rogue as Tiggie Whiskers. His favorite trick is to drape himself over my left shoulder and peer at the screen as if he is checking out everything I write. The wee editor’s real name is Willie Magee.The kitten is a cute "character" in the story!
Many thanks to Hachette and to Anna for this giveaway!
TO ENTER THIS GIVEAWAY:
1. This story deals with threats of "clan wars." Comment here telling me if you know any families that have been involved in family feuds! Please include your email address, so I can contact you if you win.
2. For an extra entry, become a follower or tell me if you are already a follower.
3. For another entry, blog, facebook, tweet (any of those networks!) about this giveaway and tell me where you did.
4. I haven't quite finished reading to do my review but I will post it soon. Come back and comment on the review for an extra entry!
(Four total entries possible -once I post the review.)
THERE WILL BE FIVE WINNERS!
* This contest is only open to residents of US and Canada. Winners will receive their prizes directly from Hachette Book Group. Book information was provided by the publisher.
* No P.O. Boxes Please - for shipping reasons.
* This contest will close Midnight (Central) on January 29, 2010. The winners will be randomly selected from all entries.
Remember to visit the other Blog Tour Stops to read reviews, Q&A, and enter more giveaways:
http://jensbooktalk.blogspot.com/ Review 1/15/2009
www.bibliophilicbookblog.com Review, feature, and giveaway. 1/6/2010
www.chickwithbooks.blogspot.com Review, Giveaway 1/6/2010
http://myoverstuffedbookshelf.blogspot.com/ Review, Giveaway 1/6/2010
http://brokenteepee.blogspot.com Review, Giveaway 1/8/2010
http://www.saveyspender.com Review 1/9/2010
http://www.kballard87.blogspot.com Review, Giveaway 1/10/2010
http://thecajunbooklady.blogspot.com/ Review, Giveaway, Q&A 1/10/2010
http://myfoolishwisdom.blogspot.com Review, Giveaway, Q&A, Feature 1/10/2010
http://www.renees-reads.blogspot.com/ Review 1/11/2010
http://dreyslibrary.blogspot.com Review, Giveaway 1/12/2010
http://marthasbookshelf.blogspot.com/ Review, Giveaway, Q&A 1/12/2010
http://www.mybookaddictionandmore.wordpress.com Review, Giveaway, Q&A, Feature 1/13/2010
http://bridget3420.blogspot.com Review 1/15/2010
my-book-views.blogspot.com Review, Giveaway 1/15/2010
http://juniperrbreeeze.blogspot.com/ Review 1/15/2010
http://www.morbid-romantic.net Review, Giveaway, Q&A 1/16/2010
http://www.betweenthelinesandmore.blogspot.com/ Review 1/17/2010
http://redheadedbookchild.blogspot.com Review 1/18/2010
http://myreadingroom-crystal.blogspot.com Review, Giveaway 1/19/2010
http://startingfresh-gaby317.blogspot.com Review, Giveaway, Q&A 1/20/2010
http://therempels4.blogspot Review, giveaway